Making women’s sport unmissable : 3-9 October 2016
Launching at the Sky Studios in London on Monday 3rd October, the week will celebrate and showcase women’s sport at every level, from the grassroots to the elite, and will highlight the incredible contribution that women make to sport.
Building on the momentum from the Olympic and Paralympic Games in Rio this summer, the collective force behind Women’s Sport Week calls on everyone within the sports community and beyond to use this occasion to organise events, generate debate, and show their support to help women and girls reach their full potential through sport.
– Minister for Sport, David Evennett
Department of Culture, Media and Sport
Women in Sport
Women’s Sport Trust
- Sky Sports and The BBC will devote more broadcast time to celebrations of women’s sport, in a bid to improve sustained and consistent media profiling of female athletes and sports teams.
- Sport England will be using the week to continue to drive home the benefits of the hugely successful #ThisGirlCan campaign.
- Women in Sport will be highlighting the importance of commercial investment in women’s sport through publication of its annual sponsorship audit.
- Women’s Sport Trust will be launching an exciting new initiative with a major partner and hosting an event with the BBC to debate the visual representation of sportswomen.
- …and much more
Use the hashtag #WSW16 to highlight what you’re doing during the week.
Download Women in Sport’s toolkit here to get practical advice and tips about how you can get actively involved in #WSW16