The Women’s Sport Trust is teaming up with a limited number of progressive brands this summer to change the sporting landscape. The influential charity, which works to increase the profile and impact of women’s sport, has launched its Official Supporters’ Club with a ‘First XV’ category for selected brands and organisations looking to increase the profile, partners and pounds needed to take women’s sport to the next level.
Women’s sport is on the move with experts* predicting that the number of fans attending elite women’s sport in the UK will pass half a million for the first time in 2018. Over 100,000 tickets have already been sold for the Vitality Hockey Women’s Cup next month, The Women’s Cricket World Cup Final was a sell out at Lords last summer and a record crowd of 45,000 watched this year’s SSE Women’s FA Cup Final at Wembley. Since 2013, attendances for UK women’s sports have grown, on average, 38% year-on-year.
The First XV will bring together a select group of powerful organisations who are making an active choice to get behind women’s sport. Coming from a range of sectors, they will contribute their expertise and networks to advocate for women’s sport, ensuring that it becomes visible, viable and unstoppable.
The First XV will all grasp the reputational importance of inclusion – and see women’s sport as a natural way of reinforcing the values that they stand for. They will share a passion for seeing strong, visible female role models in both sport and business.
Commenting on the launch of the Women’s Sports Trust First XV, Jo Bostock, Joint-CEO, says: “These pioneering brands will be instrumental in changing the leadership and funding landscape for women’s sport. We are incredibly excited about partnering with like-minded organisations who share our passion to make change happen. Progress for women’s sport in recent years has been magnificent, but we are impatient to do more, and want to hear from brands with equal drive for positive change in this space.”
A wide range of benefits for the selected 15 brands include:
- Bi-annual Roundtables – engaging with other leading brands and influencers in the First XV
- Exclusive attendance at the Official Supporters Annual Dinner
- Invitations to exclusive athlete speaking engagements and sporting events
- Privileged Access – to elite athletes, sporting leaders and media influencers
- Brand association with Women’s Sport Trust – logo, press release, partner status
- Recognition on Women’s Sport Trust website, via communications and in annual report
- Tickets for the landmark Annual Awards event
- Early access to our cutting-edge research and insight activity
- First rights on other Women’s Sport Trust events and campaigns
- Discounts on customised athlete led Inspiration sessions
Brand partners in the First XV will commit to a £15,000 annual fee. Expressions of interest to join the Women’s Sport Trust First XV will be open until August 3, 2018, with conversations taking place throughout the summer and with the First XV officially unveiled at a launch event in October 2018.