This series of short pieces shares the insight that guides our work, highlights great case studies of how others are making change happen and shows some of the ways we are accelerating action in women’s sport.
The Ambition Report – December 2020
Creating a bold, unapologetic, and independently successful women’s sport ecosystem.
How does women’s sport leap to the next level?
In 2020, the Women’s Sport Trust convened 54 of the most influential players in the sports industry to take part in a series of discussions and to share their thoughts and experiences of women’s sport. These included leaders from media, business, sports bodies, rights holders, agencies and brands. It’s the first time such a powerful, cross-industry group has been convened in this way.
The resulting Ambition report makes fascinating reading. It’s recommendations and actions will help develop the women’s sport market with a positive shift in the media narrative, increased visibility of female athletes, greater investment in women’s sport and a leadership that is more accountable to prioritise women’s sport.
The Real Value of Women’s Sport – 2 August 2018
Changing the Visual Landscape of Women’s Sport
The Women’s Sport Trust #BeAGameChanger Awards showcase the irresistible nature of women’s sport; they highlight success stories, connect decision makers with one another and put a spotlight on inspiring role models.
Each programme features articles and details of finalists across all categories
- Download the 2015 Programme here.
- Download the 2016 Programme here.
- Download the 2017 Programme here.
Inclusion, Diversity and the Power of Sporting Role Models, May 2015. Read the article here.
Listen to a three-minute, crystal clear argument for gender equality – beautifully distilled by tennis legend and campaigner Billie Jean King, July 2017 – here.
A flagship WST campaign that will launch in 2017. It will engage men and boys as role models to speak up & take action in support of women’s sport – and to back women to play, lead, coach and get involved in sport.
- Pre-Roundtable Brain Food, Sept 2016. Read the paper here.
- The Question of Diversity and Inclusion in Women’s Sport, May 2016. Read the article here.
- Women’s Sport Trust response to DCMS sport strategy consultation, October 2015. Read here.
- Thirty sports in thirty days, September 2015. Read more here.
- Gender Balance in Sport Report, July 2014. Read the article here.
- 7 insights into what it takes to progress women’s sport from worthy to irresistible, June 2015. Read more here.
- The key factors driving our passion for women’s sport, Paul Philpott, President and CEO of Kia Motors (UK), February 2016. Read the article here.
- Why women’s sport offers value for money, Colin Banks, SSE’s head of sponsorship, February 2016. Read the article here.
- ‘Why we’re backing Britain’s top female athletes’, Richard Thompson, chairman and founder of M&C Saatchi Merlin, August 2015. Read the article here.
- Women’s Sport Matters for Business, Amanda Fone, MD of f1 recruitment, April 2015. Read the article here.
- Why would a business bother to sponsor women’s sport? Microsoft Human Resources Director, Theresa McHenry, April 2015. Read the article here.