This series of short pieces shares the insight that guides our work, highlights great case studies of how others are making change happen and shows some of the ways we are accelerating action in women’s sport.
The Real Value of Women’s Sport – 2 August 2018
Women’s Sport Trust hosted an invitation-only event aimed at providing sports and brands with data to support the claims around the value of women’s sport. Nielsen Sports shared new research demonstrating the value and importance of women’s sport and England Hockey gave a behind-the-scenes look re. the brand and media sponsorship of the Vitality Hockey Women’s World Cup. The event also included tickets to the sold-out Quarter Finals of the biggest international team event in England in 2018. Our audience was exclusively targeted at a senior leadership – including Chief Marketing Officers, Chief Execs from sport & business, as well as political and media influencers. To see the insight click here.
Changing the Visual Landscape of Women’s Sport
The main outcome highlighted in this insight piece is the establishment of “Visual Guidelines for Sporting Women”. These were drafted by Getty Images and Women’s Sport Trust and refined with a live audience at an event hosted by the BBC as part of Women’s Sport Week in October 2016. Getty Images and WST are actively promoting the guidelines in the media and sending them to over 200,000 professional photographers.
- Insight paper – Changing the visual landscape of women’s sport, October 2016.
The Women’s Sport Trust #BeAGameChanger Awards showcase the irresistible nature of women’s sport; they highlight success stories, connect decision makers with one another and put a spotlight on inspiring role models.
Each programme features articles and details of finalists across all categories
- Download the 2015 Programme here.
- Download the 2016 Programme here.
- Download the 2017 Programme here.
Inclusion, Diversity and the Power of Sporting Role Models, May 2015. Read the article here.
Listen to a three-minute, crystal clear argument for gender equality – beautifully distilled by tennis legend and campaigner Billie Jean King, July 2017 – here.
A flagship WST campaign that will launch in 2017. It will engage men and boys as role models to speak up & take action in support of women’s sport – and to back women to play, lead, coach and get involved in sport.
- Pre-Roundtable Brain Food, Sept 2016. Read the paper here.
- The Question of Diversity and Inclusion in Women’s Sport, May 2016. Read the article here.
- Women’s Sport Trust response to DCMS sport strategy consultation, October 2015. Read here.
- Thirty sports in thirty days, September 2015. Read more here.
- Gender Balance in Sport Report, July 2014. Read the article here.
- 7 insights into what it takes to progress women’s sport from worthy to irresistible, June 2015. Read more here.
- The key factors driving our passion for women’s sport, Paul Philpott, President and CEO of Kia Motors (UK), February 2016. Read the article here.
- Why women’s sport offers value for money, Colin Banks, SSE’s head of sponsorship, February 2016. Read the article here.
- ‘Why we’re backing Britain’s top female athletes’, Richard Thompson, chairman and founder of M&C Saatchi Merlin, August 2015. Read the article here.
- Women’s Sport Matters for Business, Amanda Fone, MD of f1 recruitment, April 2015. Read the article here.
- Why would a business bother to sponsor women’s sport? Microsoft Human Resources Director, Theresa McHenry, April 2015. Read the article here.