Women’s Sport Trust announces Seven Influential Board Appointments
The Women’s Sport Trust has announced the appointment of seven new Trustees, as this influential and dynamic charity steps up its efforts to raise the visibility and increase the impact of women’s sport.
Women’s sport in the UK has witnessed a significant shift in recent years, with greater profile for female role models, increased funding and a better balance in media coverage. The Women’s Sport Trust is impatient to build on this progress. They want it to be commonplace to see major brand deals, unmissable coverage, packed stands and fully professional, funded female athletes.
Having played a key role in recent progress, and keen to continue to lead the way in the future, the Women’s Sport Trust has enhanced its board, appointing experts with experience in campaigning, brand and marketing, digital strategy, fundraising and athlete representation
The new Trustees are:
- Kate Dale – Head of Campaign Strategy, Sport England
- Donna Fraser – Former Olympic Athlete, Vice President and Equality, Diversity and Engagement Lead at UK Athletics
- Amanda Hudson – Head of Education and Athlete Support, UK Anti-Doping
- Chris Hurst – Head of Digital – Europe, Nielsen Sports and formerly Social Media Editor and Digital Development Editor at BBC Sport
- Michael Inpong – Chief Marketing Officer, Müller UK&Ireland
- Laura Weston – MD of award-winning Global Sport and Entertainment Agency, Iris Culture
- Denise Yeats – Fundraising expert working with Shelter, Marie Curie and the MS Society
In addition, Claire Bennett, former GB Fencing Commonwealth Gold Medallist and Senior Athlete Manager at the Dame Kelly Holmes Trust, joins WST as a Board Observer.
Commenting on the appointments, WST joint CEO and co-founder, Jo Bostock says: “We were astounded by the extraordinary calibre of individuals who applied to join our board this autumn. The momentum behind women’s sport has never been clearer, but it will require sustained and significant support to flourish. We’re confident that these talented and passionate individuals will be key to our proving the brand value and audience appeal of women’s sport in the years ahead.”
Tammy Parlour, joint CEO and Chair of WST, added: “As these new appointments are announced, we’d like to thank our two departing trustees as they leave our board. We’re hugely grateful for the significant contribution made by both Jeanette Kwakye and Niccola Hutchinson-Pascal at such a formative time for the charity.”
The seven trustees join eight existing trustees:
- Sue Anstiss – Founder and CEO of Promote Public Relations
- Jo Bostock – Co-founder and Joint CEO of Women’s Sport Trust
- Sue Day – Former England Rugby Captain and Partner at KPMG
- Liz Grant OBE – Business Development Consultant and Former Deputy Chair at Stonewall
- Suzanne King – WST Treasurer and Finance Consultant
- Ros Kirkland – WST Director of Operations
- Suzy Levy – MD of The Red Plate
- Tammy Parlour – Co-founder, Joint CEO and Chair of Women’s Sport Trust