We offer an annual grants scheme and also hold a small Quick Reaction Fund (QRF). The size of grants we have available depend entirely on the amount donated the previous year. In 2013 we will have four tiers of grants available at £500, £1,000, £2,000 and £5,000 which will be awarded on a discretionary basis. (In exceptional circumstances we may consider awarding a grant in excess of £5,000.)
Grants are available to support anything to do with women’s sport. To give you some ideas, here’s a list of the types of things we might support:
- Kit for a women’s sports club
- Training to become a sports coach
- Childcare provision
- Racing wheelchair
- Sports research grant
- Venue hire for a women’s powerlifting competition
- Sports journalism course
- Strength & conditioning coaching
- Travel expenses to get to training or competition
- Physio fund for an elite level athlete who has lost sponsorship
- Tennis or squash court resurfacing
As you can see Women’s Sport Trust has a very open policy with regards to what our sports grants can be used for. We will consider a wide variety of funding requests from all individuals whether they are mainstream or minority sports.
In addition to our annual grants, we also hold a small Quick Reaction Fund (QRF) available for those applications which may be time dependant. The total fund will be limited to a maximum of 10% of our donor income. Our QRF grant will be available from 2014.